Have you ever registered to a forum and continually received spam emails afterwards? Forum owners often don’t care about your desire to not receive any email at all. Sometimes they even sell your email address to spam networks so you will never be free of spam at all!
The only possible solution is, to keep your personal email address private.
Tempmail.uk tries to help you by offering an anonymous, temporary, disposal email address that can be used to receive emails without the risk of unveiling your personal address to spam networks.
Tempmail.uk has not been created to support any illegal acts. Please do not abuse this service to perform any actions that are against any laws. Tempmail.uk reserves the right to take necessary measures to prevent illegal operations. This includes deleting accounts, banning IP addresses or blocking emails.
How does it work?
When visiting tempmail.uk you will be assigned a free email address that is shown at the top of the page.
Just copy and paste this address to the website you would like to register and wait for your confirmation email that will be displayed at your inbox.
Click at the email subject to read the content, download attachments or follow registration links.
Afterwards you dont have to care for any spam because your personal address is still private.
Tempmail.uk implements several measures that shall protect your privacy and prevent any spam being sent to your temporary email address or (if activacted) being forwarded to your personal email address. Those measures include:
- Outgoing Link Protection (all http referers from emails will be filtered out so nobody sees that you are using tempmail.uk)
- Cross-Site-Scripting Filter (all displayed data is filtered to prevent cross-site-scripting so nobody is able to eg. extract your cookies)
- Catch-all Email Address (all emails sent to tempmail.uk will be received in a proper way even if the address does not exist, so nobody will know that your temporary email address has already been deleted)
- Blacklists (tempmail.uk uses IP blacklists and spam filters to prevent any abuse or spam being sent to you or (if activated) forwarded to your personal address
- Spoofing Protection (all incoming mails are checked using Sender Policy Framework (SPF), so (if sender activated it) no email senders addresses can be tampered)
- Improved Forwarding (all (if activated) forwarded mails use Sender Rewriting Scheme (SRS) for an improved envelope address that supports SPF)
How long will an email address be assigned?
Usually your email address will be assigned as long as your browser session continues. So if you keep the tempmail.uk inbox opened, your assignment will be refreshed regularly. After closing the browser window, your session will expire and your address be marked for deletion.
Nevertheless you have the possibility to make your address persistent by completing the register process. Those addresses wont be deleted any more and can be used to store emails or forward them to your personal email address.
When will my address be deleted?
Your temporary email address and all remaining data will be deleted within an hour after your session has expired.
If you registered your email address, it will be deleted if you have not used it for six months (counting from your last login). Alternatively you can delete your account if you dont need it any more via the web interface. After deleting your account the address will be temporary again and be deleted after your session has expired.